Chochmat HaLev, a cutting-edge Jewish Renewal synagogue in Berkeley, is seeking a new Director of Youth and Family Programming. A deeply talented Jewish educator, facilitator, and people organizer will expand upon and upgrade our current exciting and innovative youth and family program: The Urban Shtetl. The new director will build upon the success of the current program by creating and facilitating engaging and inspiring Jewish learning experiences, recruiting new families to join the Shtetl, building relationships and developing leadership among the families in the program.
Building off of the pre-existing Urban Shtetl program, primary job duties include:
- Recruit additional members and design and implement targeted outreach
- Expanding upon and upgrading our monthly Havurah program
- Organizing our Second Saturday Kids programming and monitoring our twice monthly tot shabbat program
- Designing and Co-Facilitating our four Family Learning Days
- Developing (and potentially co-facilitate) our Parent Groups
- Designing and implementing other Youth and Family Programs, including but not limited to High Holy Day and other holiday events.
- Working with the Education Committee to best meet the needs of our families in the program
- Exploring the development of a 3-5th grade pre-b’nai mitzvah program
- Developing creative programming to include and integrate our elders into the Shtetl
The position is part time with flexible work hours and the ability to work from home. 84 hours/month. Salary range: $25,000 $28,000. There is the potential for the position to expand in the future, depending on program success and needs of the community.
To apply, please send a cover letter, detailed resume and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications considered as they are received. Interviews begin mid July.