Chai (18) months of Joyful Preparation for youth & families
- cultivate meaningful connection to Jewish ritual, text & ethical traditions
- explore Judaic storytelling, dance, music and visual arts
- nurture young people on their path of self-discovery
- build welcoming community
- support families to strengthen their own Jewish life
- tend the process of critical thinking and creative imagination
CHL’s Threshold program includes:
*B’nai Mitzvah youth cohort (6 sessions) Discover the Jewish world with peers. Visit Bay Area Jewish and interfaith centers, attend a Jewish cultural event, wrestle with text and tradition and contribute through good works.
*Family Learning (4 sessions) Explore Jewish values, dive into difficult Torah texts, and support each other to create meaningful b’nai mitzvah ceremonies.
*One on one tutorial (24 sessions) to learn Hebrew, chant prayers read from the Torah and create a drash.
*B’nai Mitzvah Family Havurah
*Saturday morning service – Students are invited to develop their prayer skills by leading the Shabbat morning youth service.
*Weekend in the Wilderness
Cost: $3300 includes the ceremony at CHL’s Shabbat morning service. Membership required. To learn more, contact Rabbi Lynn Gottlieb, Director of Youth & Family Programming: email@example.com