Chochmat HaLev, a progressive, queer-friendly synagogue in Berkeley seeks part-time, temporary executive assistant with a good sense of humor to help us prepare for High Holidays.
- Manage our membership database
- Help publish our weekly newsletter
- Staff our front office and answer phones
- Photograph our events and activities
- Maintain office systems – printer, phones, computers, wifi, etc
- Enroll people in classes, membership, and youth programming
- Help with event set up and clean up
- Support the Executive Director with her workload
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Friendly, outgoing personality (a good job for extroverts!)
- Strong computer skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (Word & Excel), Google products
- Knowledge of WordPress and basic HTML
- Must know how to use Apple products
- Ability to learn new apps quickly. We use things like Eventbrite, MailChimp, SquareUp, and multiple other platforms.
- Ability to maintain office equipment
- Must be a fast learner and a fast thinker, able to troubleshoot multiple issues arising simultaneously
- Strong visual & design skills – able to format documents, take good photos, etc
- Comfortable working in a lively office environment
- This is a 15+ hour/week position, from now to mid-November
- Compensation – $25/hour
- Must be available to work during our office hours (Tuesdays-Fridays 1-6pm).
Send a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.