Chochmat HaLev, a premiere Jewish Renewal synagogue in Berkeley, is seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant to manage our office operations and communications including social media. Chochmat HaLev is known for its welcoming and inclusive approach, high-energy musical services as well as deep meditation and contemplative offerings to provide a meaningful spiritual experience to its members and extended community.
- Serves as the first point of contact to the public and members, which includes responding to communications and inquiries, greeting people who come to the Congregation physically or virtually, answering the phone and responding to messages
- Administers member accounts, including entering, organizing and maintaining data in member database (ShulCloud is our database management system)
- Maintains synagogue website and Social Media accounts by posting updates, events, photos, etc.
- Responsible for producing flyers, event postings and weekly newsletter
- Processes donations and payments
- Coordinates electronic ticket purchases for synagogue events
- Assists with facilities management
- Enthusiasm and positive outlook about problem solving when issues arise
- Ability to engage with a diverse constituency warmly and effectively in person, by phone, and over email
- Ease and familiarity with technology, and ability to assist those who are less tech-savvy in using Zoom and other programs
- Willingness to handle both repetitive, less challenging administrative tasks as well as those operational tasks requiring initiative and creativity
- Commitment to the values of equity, inclusion, diversity, and valuing all members of our community
- The interested candidate will be an energetic team player, comfortable with office equipment and technology (e-mail, MSWord, Excel, google suite, and web-based database entry), have strong interpersonal skills to interact positively with others, and be organized and attentive to detail to ensure tasks are completed thoroughly and accurately
- Knowledge of Judaism, its practices, and customs is helpful, not required; experience with congregational administration and ShulCloud database are a plus
Send your resume and cover letter via email to: Jeffrey Kessler, President of the Board Chochmat HaLev: email@example.com