Here are a few of the ways we will continue to fulfill our vision to build a nurturing, inspiring, connected and inclusive conscious community in 2017.
- Our exciting new Youth and Family Program will bring families together to create community and connection to Jewish wisdom traditions.
- On January 14, the second chevra of Chochmat HaLev adults will joyfully celebrate their B’not Mitzvah, the culmination of 1 ½ years of studying Torah, Jewish wisdom and Hebrew.
- The next Interfaith Salon: Embracing Uncertainty will be held in March.
- The Israel/Palestine Project will offer monthly movies and a discussion with Rabbi SaraLeya Schley on “Jewish Values and the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict.”
- Our Shabbat and High Holiday services will, as always, bring our community together with inspirational Torah teachings and spiritually uplifting music.
- We will join with each other to celebrate bar/bat-mitzvahs, births, and marriages. Together we will mourn the loss of loved ones.
To succeed in bringing you all our planned activities and meet our financial obligations we need to raise $30,000. Your contributions will enable us to pay the salaries of our congregational leaders Jhos Singer and Julie Batz, our Youth and Family Program and Musical Directors, our musicians and our dedicated staff; maintain our sanctuary; continue to provide our popular services and programs; and create innovative new programs for all ages and segments of our community, while attracting newcomers who are inspired by what Chochmat HaLev has to offer.
Beloved community, help keep the divine spark residing within each one of us and within the heart of Chochmat HaLev to continue emanating joy, hope and light to the entire world. This Hannukah, please donate generously and with an open heart.
Wishing you a blessed Hannukah holiday,
Helen Zung for the Fundraising Committee
ps. Join us for a fun filled “Almost Hanukkah Klezmer Happy Hour.” December 18. Dance with the shtetl-rocking klezmer of Kugelplex and world-renowned belly-dancer Elizabeth Strong. Indulge yourself with Maggid Jhos Singer’s famous “Latketini” cocktail. Let your children be enchanted with Joel Ben Izzy’s new book “Dreidels on the Brain,” and Jen Miriam and Alon Kantor’s hilarious puppet show, “Zaide Makes Latkes.” See you there!