Chai (18) months of Joyful Preparation for youth & families
- cultivate meaningful connection to Jewish ritual, text & ethical traditions
- explore Judaic storytelling, dance, music and visual arts
- nurture young people on their path of self-discovery
- build welcoming community
- support families to strengthen their own Jewish life
- tend the process of critical thinking and creative imagination
B’Mitzvah youth cohort (6 sessions) Discover the Jewish world with peers. Visit Bay Area Jewish and interfaith centers, attend a Jewish cultural event, wrestle with text and tradition and contribute through good works.
Family Learning (4 sessions) Explore Jewish values, dive into difficult Torah texts, and support each other to create meaningful b’nai mitzvah ceremonies.
One on one tutorial (24 sessions) to learn Hebrew, chant prayers read from the Torah and create a drash.
Saturday morning service – Students are invited to develop their prayer skills by leading the Shabbat morning youth service.
Membership required. To learn more, contact Rabbi Lynn Gottlieb, Director of Youth & Family Programming: email@example.com