The nominating process for the Chochmat HaLev
Board of Directors is underway!
Click here to complete a nomination application.
Nomination Process for the 2017-2019 (2 year) Term of the Chochmat HaLev Board of Directors
On February 5, 2017, Chochmat HaLev will hold its annual community meeting during which all members of our community are asked to elect new board members. Our bylaws require the nominating committee to present the board of directors with a slate of nominees. The members of this year’s nominating committee are board members, Rani Cochran, Lee Safran, Don White & Helen Zung.
We have some seats to fill and would love to hear from you if you’d like to serve our community in this way! Here’s some information to help you assess if you or someone you admire at CHL would be a good candidate for the board. If you are interested in or thinking about joining, please email the office. An individual from the nominating committee will call and answer all your questions and concerns. You can also fill out the application form linked on this page.
All applications are due no later than 5:00 p.m. January 12, 2017.
To be nominated, a person must be a CHL member in good standing, (i.e., dues are paid). According to the bylaws, *“[Board members] are to function as role models for the Congregation, both in their commitment to the progressive Jewish values as expressed in the mission and vision, and in their willingness to take on specific leadership roles within the Congregation.”
Chochmat HaLev is a spiritual community focused on the renewal of Judaism as a joyful and relevant path for people who choose to live a spiritual life. We provide opportunities to deepen spiritual practice and connection to the Divine through meditation, prayer, study, service, and celebration.
- Chochmat HaLev seeks to renew the spiritual values of Judaism in the 21st century, based on love of G-d and Torah and conscious awareness in daily life.
- We seek to inspire people to become their most developed selves by engaging in the practice of holy Torah and holy service to others.
- We seek to create and share inspiring forms of Jewish spirituality through celebratory services, meditation, wisdom teaching and the arts.
- We seek to actively include all spiritual seekers drawn to the path of Judaism.
- We seek to create a loving and supportive spiritual community that serves members and their families.
Term of Office
- Board members serve for two years. According to the bylaws, board members may serve three consecutive terms.
- Attend monthly board meetings (approximately 2 hrs in length) and are currently scheduled for the 3rd Thursday of the month (could change, if necessary).
- Serve on at least one CHL Committee and agree to put in the time necessary to perform the duties that the committee requires. The officers also sit on the board’s leadership committee, which currently meets twice a month to discuss current issues and make recommendations to the board.
- Please email the office at email@example.com for more information on board responsibilities.
- Community Building/Membership
- Education & Parents
- High Holidays